Beiträge von ProjectionArt

Deutsch: Ich wäre dankbar, die Meinungen von Leuten zu diesen Themen in Bezug auf Lumagen Radiance Pro zu hören, vorausgesetzt, sie haben die beiden selbst verglichen oder Kommentare von Leuten gelesen, die das Gehörte haben und weitergeben können.

1. Wie ist das Upscaling im Vergleich zu madvr?

2. Wie verhält sich das Downscaling im Vergleich zu madvr?

3. Wie ist das dynamische Tonemaping im Vergleich zu madvr?

4. Wie ist das Schärfen und Supersampling (wenn Lumagen dies hat) im Vergleich zu madvr?

5. Gibt es bei 4K 24fps bei 10-Bit oder 12-Bit einen Unterschied zwischen dem 9-GB-Ausgabemodell und dem 18-GB-Ausgabemodell?

6. Gibt es bei 8K 24fps bei 10-Bit oder 12-Bit einen Unterschied zwischen den 9-GB-Ausgabemodellen und den 18-GB-Ausgabemodellen?

7. Was ist für die beste Bildqualität erforderlich, 10-Bit oder 12-Bit? Ich weiß, dass 12 besser als 10 ist, aber 14 ist auch besser als 12 und 16 ist besser als 14 usw. Ab wann unterstützt der Inhalt nichts Höheres? Ist 10 Bit das Maximum, das benötigt wird, oder ist 12 Bit von Vorteil?

8. Welchen Unterschied in der Bildqualität gibt es ggf. zwischen den Modellen der 4000er Serie und den Modellen der 5000er Serie, und bei welchem Betrachtungsabstandsverhältnis sind sie nicht mehr sichtbar?

Vielen Dank fürs Teilen. Das scheint genau das richtige Thema für den Thread zu sein, aber wenn genug Leute denken, dass es ein eigener Thread sein sollte, mache ich das gerne stattdessen. Ich versuche definitiv nicht, irgendwelche Argumente zwischen madvr und Lumagen zu erzeugen. Sie sind beide nett. Aber ich möchte wissen, wie sie sich vergleichen, damit ich Entscheidungen für meine HT treffen kann. Außerdem beziehen sich nur vier meiner Fragen auf den Vergleich, während die letzten vier Fragen nur den Vergleich verschiedener Lumagen-Modelle untereinander und nicht mit madvr betreffen. Ich spreche kein Deutsch und bin auf Google Translate angewiesen, daher werde ich es in beiden Sprachen veröffentlichen, falls Google Translate einen schlechten Job macht.

English: I would be grateful to hear people's opinions about these topics pertaining to Lumagen Radiance Pro, provided they have compared the two themselves, or read comments from people who have and can relay what they heard.

1. How does the upscaling compare to madvr?

2. How does the downscaling compare to madvr?

3. How does the dynamic tonemaping compare to madvr?

4. How does the sharpening and supersampling (if Lumagen has this) compare to madvr?

5. For 4K 24fps at 10-bit or 12-bit, is there any difference between the 9gbs output model and the 18gbs output model?

6. For 8K 24fps at 10-bit or 12-bit, is there any difference between the 9gbs output models and the 18gbs output models?

7. Which is necessary for the best picture quality, 10-bit or 12-bit? I know 12 is better than 10 but 14 is also better than 12, and 16 is better than 14, and so on, so at what point does the content not support anything higher? Is 10-bit the maximum needed, or is 12-bit beneficial?

8. What difference is there to image quality between the 4000 series models and the 5000 series models, if any, and at what viewing distance ratio are they no longer visible?

Thank you very much for sharing. This seems like it's exactly on topic for the thread, but if enough people think it should be its own thread, I am happy to do that instead. I definitely am not trying to create any arguments between madvr and Lumagen. They are both nice. But I do want to learn how they compare so I can make decisions about them for my HT. Also, only four of my questions are about how they compare, while the last four questions are only asking how different Lumagen models compare to each other, not to madvr. I do not speak German, and have to rely on google translate, so I will post it in both languages in case google translate does a bad job.

This is great! And if the seller has any old new red left over, I might in the future be interested to buy one if I end up going this direction.

I am glad to hear about the HK effect. One of the doubts in my mind about using an M-150 for 2D is that I would prefer a 1.0 gain screen for 2D, and on a 1.0 gain screen, I would get between 15 foot lamberts and 20 foot lamberts, most likely. When I had bought the projector, and everyone was telling me 20 to 30 foot lamberts is ideal for HDR (with bulb projectors), this sounded perfect for the same reason you are talking about, HK effect. 15 to 20 on the M-150 should look like 30 on a JVC, right? But more recently I see many people talking about how even in a completely blacked out home theater, and even with an RGB laser DLP projector, 150 nits or 45 foot lamberts is ideal, maybe 200 nits, but definitely 100. Some people even talk about 500 nits and so on. And definitely for lcos, people talk about higher numbers.

So I dont know what to think. In any case I am committed to buy the Ilep X3 for 2D from the seller in this area (well, nation, but I am trying to be vague), but I am waiting for him to tell me it's ready, and not hearing back from him very often, which just introduces more uncertainty.

When an M-150 is brightness matched to a JVC, how much brighter do you think the M-150 will appear? Most people seemed to say maybe between 20% and 50%, although a few people said 100% or one even said like 400% lol. But could it actually truly be like 100%, not just 25% like people usually guess? I think maybe people dont fully believe it so they make conservative estimates.

Also, when I say I can get 15 to 20 foot lamberts on a 1.0 gain screen, with the new LEDs installed, that is with an M-150. However, one of my M-150's in the projector info screen says "M.Reference." This is like an M-150 but "with hand-picked parts" and so projectorcentral.com specs it at 1,200 lumens instead of 1,000 lumens like the M-150. However, I sort of figured this was mostly a difference in hand-picked LEDs, so because I replaced and upgraded the LEDs with non-handpicked new blue, green, and RAX LEDs, I am wondering will I still have benefit from this? Or can I expect, with supposedly hand-picked power supply, cooling, DMD, lens, everything in the projector, not just the LEDs, that I will get more brightness? Is it possible if you get 800 lumens, calibrated, with the new LEDs (including RAX) on an M-150, that I could get 1,000 lumens with the new LEDs, calibrated, on an M.Reference?

I am just also skeptical because I found a comment from someone who bought an M-150S, which is the hand-picked version the year before the M.Reference came out, who said when it was brand new, he got 525 lumens calibrated, lol. So that is same as a normal M-150, maybe worse. Never change, Sim2.

Really, hearing that they tried to charge you 800 euros makes me regret buying Sim2 at all, to some degree. It seems like they are very anti-consumer. I also constantly hear about broken Sim2 projectors. Quality control, etc. But in any case, I have them, and they are nice projectors, so we'll see what happens. So far so good overall. But hopefully I can get the Ilep soon, and that will give me great 2D performance for many years to come. Then figuring out passive 3D will be the next challenge.

I still dont have the LCC set up at all. My project is sort of in limbo until I can hear back from people about my options, and whether I will use the M-150's for either 2D or 3D or whether I will resell them.

How many foot lamberts were you getting total, calibrated to bt2020 or P3, with the RAX installed? How many ftl are you getting now with the original red?

When you say you didnt like the RAX, what that on test patterns only or even in real content?

I might be able to sell you a red with low hours, but I still need some time. Luckily apparently red is easiest to swap out without taking apart as much of the projector. Apparently you can access it from the back. I'll get back to you about it when I can but things seem to be moving pretty slow. Often when I need one new piece of information to make the next decision in my project, there is a delay of about a month, if not more, between when I seek out the information and when I find it, lol.

Um, this thread is about external FI, not JVC FI : wink2:

Wäre es hilfreich zu verstehen, wie gut das externe FI im Vergleich zum internen FI abschneidet? Dazu müssen wir wissen, wie sich das interne FI verhält. Mich interessiert nicht nur JVC sondern Sony und alle FI. Ich bin gespannt, ob einer von ihnen funktioniert, ohne überhaupt zu überspringen. Ich weiß, du denkst nicht, dass Vivitek oder Sim2 das tun, aber es springt für mich auf Sim2, obwohl wer weiß, was es verursacht. Ich versuche in diesem Sinne der FI auf den Grund zu gehen, egal ob intern oder extern. Die Frage ist vielschichtig und erfordert Informationen zu allen.

Eine zu 100% korrekt arbeitende FI kann es mMn gar nicht geben, denn eine solche müsste quasi in die Zukunft schauen können. Mit enormen Speicherverbrauch könnte man dem aber näher kommen. Siehe z.B. das Video von Segelflugzeug vor den Bergen ab 0:39:

Externer Inhalt www.youtube.com
    Inhalte von externen Seiten werden ohne Ihre Zustimmung nicht automatisch geladen und angezeigt.
    Durch die Aktivierung der externen Inhalte erklären Sie sich damit einverstanden, dass personenbezogene Daten an Drittplattformen übermittelt werden. Mehr Informationen dazu haben wir in unserer Datenschutzerklärung zur Verfügung gestellt.

Wie soll eine FI den Bereich hinter den Flügelkanten korrekt wieder geben? Dazu müsste sie den Berghintergrund aus vielen Bildframes zuvor verarbeiten können.

Ich verstehe, dass es nicht artefaktfrei sein kann, aber ich möchte, dass es weiterhin jeden Frame mit 48 Bildern pro Sekunde anzeigt, auch wenn die Frames Artefakte aufweisen, anstatt den Frame vollständig fallen zu lassen und irgendwie zu "hängen" oder zu ruckeln. Kann die JVC NX-Frame-Interpolation dies tun, oder wird sie in einer Situation wie 0:39 des Videos diesen schwierigen Interpolations-Frame überspringen und nur die Original-Frames anzeigen?

Ich möchte entweder 24fps ohne Frameinterpolation oder 48fps (oder 120fps bei JVC) mit Frameinterpolation. Was ich nicht will sind 48fps oder 120fps für 30 Sekunden, dann 24fps für den Bruchteil einer Sekunde, dann wieder 48fps oder 120fps, dann 24fps für den Bruchteil einer Sekunde, inkonsistent hin und her.

Ok, interesting. FI is of course a matter of taste and you react very differently to it. For me, the jerking of the X series with CMD Low still persists, so it only becomes more bearable with the high level.

I haven't noticed anything like this until now (N7) and I always wear CMD.
    But I didn't have a model from the X series as a comparison.

According to [user = '2489'] Mankra [/ user], CMD high is worse in the N series than it was in the X series. I always use CMD on high on my X5900 and can only occasionally see artifacts. At the low level, the X and N models should not differ.

Do I see it differently 😉 For me, the FI in low of the N series differs significantly from that of the X series. With the X series I never used it because the film look was gone for me or the soap look was there. The N series does that much better for me and always runs on low with me, because the 24p jerk is no longer necessary and I like the fact that it is programmed very softly.

Es würde mir helfen, zwei verschiedene Dinge zu unterscheiden:

1. Der FI arbeitet zu 100 % durchgängig, ohne übersprungene Frames, aber er ist immer noch nicht perfekt glatt, da dies erfordert, dass der Algorithmus bei seinen Berechnungen genauer ist

2. Die Frame-Interpolation funktioniert nicht zu 100 % konstant, da es manchmal zu "Mikroruckeln" kommt, weil die Verarbeitung nicht in der Lage ist, Berechnungen rechtzeitig durchzuführen, so dass ein Frame übersprungen wird, z nächste Szene oder so ähnlich.

Wenn Sie sagen, es ist nicht ganz glatt, was meinen Sie?

JVC sagte mir, dass die Frame-Interpolation für die NZ-Reihe die gleiche sein wird wie zuvor, und sie ist "seit Jahren gleich". Wie viele Jahre und ob dies auf die "X" -Aufstellung zurückgeht, habe ich keine Ahnung. Was sie mir sagten, ist, dass die aktuelle Version davon auf "niedrig" 24 fps in 120 fps umwandelt, aber dafür weniger Frames analysiert, so dass es immer noch mehr filmisch aussieht. Auf "hoch" werden 24 fps immer noch in 120 fps umgewandelt, aber es werden mehr Frames analysiert, um seine Berechnungen durchzuführen, und dies macht es glatter, aber weniger filmähnlich.

Ich habe den Sim2 M-150. Seine Frame-Interpolation macht bei allen Einstellungen aus 24 fps 48 fps. Natürlich ist es nicht 100% glatt, auch wenn es funktioniert, aber ich bin meistens damit zufrieden, wenn es konstant funktioniert. Worum ich hier jedoch frage, sind speziell übersprungene Frames. Manchmal, nachdem sich eine Szene geändert hat oder sogar mitten in einer Szene, scheint es, als würde ein interpolierter Frame übersprungen, und nur für einen einzelnen Frame geht es zurück auf 24fps. Und ich merke es jedes Mal und es ruiniert das Ganze für mich. Die Konsistenz ist gebrochen.

Meine Frage zur JVC NX-Serie lautet also nicht: "Ist es perfekt, wenn es funktioniert", sondern, egal wie glatt es ist, funktioniert es zumindest 100% der Zeit? Oder muss es manchmal einen interpolierten Frame "aufholen" und überspringen? Geht es 30 Sekunden lang mit 120 Bildern pro Sekunde, geht dann aber für einen Bruchteil einer Sekunde zurück zu 24 Bildern pro Sekunde und dann zurück zu 120 Bildern pro Sekunde? Oder kann es die ganze Zeit konstant 120 fps interpolieren, ohne jemals zu überspringen?

Liegt das an SVP oder könnte der GPU zu bestimmten Zeiten die Bandbreite ausgehen, was dazu führt, dass die FI durcheinander gebracht wird?

I have extensively tested SVP with RTX 3090 + AMD 5950X + JVC N7
    I solved the HDR problem by activating the static HDR of Windows 10. I used mpv as a player.

As a result, the projector takes over the dynamic tone mapping and with the help of the mpv settings, Madvr can achieve similar (but worse in my view) results.
    I didn't use this setup after a while, because the PC really became a heater with settings that were acceptable to me, despite good cooling.

Now I'm using mpc-hc + madvr with windows custom resolution at 23.976Hz.

This allows me to use the FI at the JVC, as well as the better options of madvr including tone mapping.
    Overall, the result is better. The FI on the JVC N7 is better than SVP in my opinion.

On the JVC NX, does the FI ever skip frames or take a second to "catch up" where it defaults back to the native frame rate for a moment before reverting to the higher frame rate for interpolation?

Jupp.,

Lieber schaue ich mir dauerhaft das 24p Geruckel an als die JVC FI zu nutzen :mad:

Aber das muss man wohl für sich persönlich testen, FollGott scheint ja mir dieser ganz zufrieden zu sein. Für mich sind diese Aussetzer in manchen Szenen schlimmer als Artefakte.

Habe ich eben auch nochmal reingeschaut, Artefakte sehe ich keine, allerdings läuft das Tor auch nicht 100% flüssig vorbei, stottert minimal. Ich habe dann nochmal im Splitscreen Modus verglichen und es ist definitiv flüssiger als 24p Geruckel.

Welches JVC-Modell hast du?

Nein, die "graphics RGB" Buchse ist ein altertümlicher Video-Eingang. Nicht für Steuerung oder Update.

Ich habe direkt bei Sim2 in Italien nachgefragt. Die Antwort war: wenn dein Projektor eine USB Buchse hat, dann kann es kein M.150 sein :beat_plaste. Ich habe Fotos geschickt auf denen man den M.150 Schriftzug und die USB Buchse erkennen kann, bin gespannt auf die Antwort... :rofl:

Die easy-LED software kenne ich nicht. Nach kurzem Googeln glaube ich aber, dass das eine ältere Software war, bevor LCC heraus kam. Die war vermutlich für die älteren Micos gedacht (40, 50, 60), nicht für M.150, M.120 und M.Reference.

Lol! Sim2 has told me so many contradicting things that I started to wonder if they aren't intentionally trying to confuse me about my full options. Especially because they took down their website with a lot of the info right around the time I started asking questions. Could both just be coincidences and due to other reasons, though. What is your opinion on the M.Reference and M-150S vs M-150? As far as I understand, the M.Reference and M-150S are both M-150's with "hand-picked parts." I am curious how big a difference that makes. Also, have you heard of the LED replacements? Are you considering doing that?

Ich würde es mal ausprobieren. Es könnte sein, dass Du mit einer vollflächigen Verschiebung um einen ganzen Pixel dennoch ein besseres Ergebnis erzielst. Damit gleicht sich die Konvergenzverschiebung mit der chromatischen Aberration wieder aus. Zumindest auf der einen Seite. Auf der anderen Seite hast Du dann Rot und Blau zusammen um einen Pixel verschoben, das ist also gleich wie wenn nur Grün um einen Pixel verschoben wäre. Besser als 2 Pixelbreiten in eine Richtung. Ich würde es auf jeden Fall testen.

Falls es gar nicht klappt, gib den Superlumis einfach mir :big_smile:

Noch eine Frage: Mit welchem Kabel kannst Du die Live Color Calibration Software beim M.150 ansteuern? Ich habe ein USB to RS-232 Kabel gekauft mit Prolific PL2303 Chipset. Damit kann ich aber nur senden, nicht empfangen. Jetzt habe ich ein weiteres Kabel bestellt mit FTDI Chipset, hoffentlich funktioniert es damit. Hattest Du diesbezüglich auch schon Probleme?

I am not sure this is relevant, but one thing I noticed by chance watching a youtube video about another Sim2 projector is that in addition to the RS-232, there is a "graphics RGB" input that the presenter says is for connecting the computer.

Externer Inhalt youtu.be
    Inhalte von externen Seiten werden ohne Ihre Zustimmung nicht automatisch geladen und angezeigt.
    Durch die Aktivierung der externen Inhalte erklären Sie sich damit einverstanden, dass personenbezogene Daten an Drittplattformen übermittelt werden. Mehr Informationen dazu haben wir in unserer Datenschutzerklärung zur Verfügung gestellt.
    . However like you, I have always heard of the M-150 and Lumis connecting via RS-232, not anything else.

This reminds me of a question to ask you also. Do you know what is the difference between Easy LED software and Live Color Calibration software? A review I read of the M-150 mentioned both of them as being separate software for the M-150. I can confirm knowing people who used the Live Color Calibration software, but what is Easy LED software?

Edit: In the video, he actually says neither the RS-232, or the RGB Graphics, inputs are for software updating the M-150, he says the one in between them is? He calls it USB? Maybe you can figure it out from that. It is probably the same as the M-150.

Edit 2: At the end of the video it says that model is upgradeable by RS-232, Serial Interface, and USB:

Externer Inhalt youtu.be

Ich würde es mal ausprobieren. Es könnte sein, dass Du mit einer vollflächigen Verschiebung um einen ganzen Pixel dennoch ein besseres Ergebnis erzielst. Damit gleicht sich die Konvergenzverschiebung mit der chromatischen Aberration wieder aus. Zumindest auf der einen Seite. Auf der anderen Seite hast Du dann Rot und Blau zusammen um einen Pixel verschoben, das ist also gleich wie wenn nur Grün um einen Pixel verschoben wäre. Besser als 2 Pixelbreiten in eine Richtung. Ich würde es auf jeden Fall testen.

Falls es gar nicht klappt, gib den Superlumis einfach mir :big_smile:

Noch eine Frage: Mit welchem Kabel kannst Du die Live Color Calibration Software beim M.150 ansteuern? Ich habe ein USB to RS-232 Kabel gekauft mit Prolific PL2303 Chipset. Damit kann ich aber nur senden, nicht empfangen. Jetzt habe ich ein weiteres Kabel bestellt mit FTDI Chipset, hoffentlich funktioniert es damit. Hattest Du diesbezüglich auch schon Probleme?

Well I guess it at least a good sign that you would still want the projector like this! That makes me feel better. As for as adjusting the convergence, the problem is that the majority of the screen is under 1 pixel, including the center under 1/2, so I cant make the worst part better without making the center, which is the most important part, worse. And the part on the left that is only off a little is off the opposite direction as the worst part is off on the other side. So going left to right, yes I could make it, instead of 0.2 off on the left, 0.35 off in the center, and eventually 2 off on the far right, I could make it 1.2 off on the left, 0.65 off in the center, and eventually 1 off on the far right. It would be more even at least... lol... but it would be off more overall if you add up the total. I just need to test if the way it is right now is visible in content. If not, then 50% of the screen is less than 1/3 or 0.35 off, which would be nice to take advantage of. Of course, if 2 pixels off isnt visible then you can say why not just shift it so that it's off 1.2, 0.65, and 1 off across the screen, 1.2 and below could not be visible if 2 is also not. But maybe 2 will be, and maybe even 1.2, I dont know, it's hard and time-consuming to test. Maybe I should just shift it like that though. I was just told the center is the most important so I did not want to make the center worse.

As for the M-150, I ordered a normal cable like a week ago, and have not tested it yet. I have never used x-rite before, or calibrated a projector before, or done basically any of this. I am jumping in with boat feet. I bought an x-rite, mic stand, etc. I have everything to do it now. I have to learn it and then not sure when I will get to it. But it may be that the cable does not work for me either. I will update you with the result. Let me know how it goes with your new cable, or if you figure out what the problem was.

Puh, hard to give any reasonable advice without having seen it in person...

2 pixels off, that is something. And not something good :shock:

But you have the machine, so you must judge if it is bearable for you or not.

What projector are we talkin? LS-10? VX-22? Does it provide any means to adjust convergence? At least on a digital basis?

I lost my original english version and when I translated it back the translation is messing it up, saying "exactly within spec" instead of "well within spec" like it should say, etc. "Right track" instead of "wrong" or I dont even know what got translated there. Anyway what I wanted to add is that I measured everything using a 1.1 gain Elite cinewhite screen, which does have a bit of texture on it and is supposedly 1.1 gain not 1.0. I'm not super hopeful this will make any difference but I will try checking it on a white piece of paper next time. I think my best hope though is that maybe it will not need to be any better because, like Sim2 claims, it will make no difference from my seating distance. I am sitting 1.5x away so maybe that will mean it is no problem at all. But I was curious your opinion in any case.

Puh, hard to give any reasonable advice without having seen it in person...

2 pixels off, that is something. And not something good :shock:

But you have the machine, so you must judge if it is bearable for you or not.

What projector are we talkin? LS-10? VX-22? Does it provide any means to adjust convergence? At least on a digital basis?

Es ist ein Superlumis. Das ist der andere Projektor, den ich besitze, abgesehen von dem, was ich bereits erwähnt habe. Es hat ewig gedauert, einen gebrauchten zu finden, war nicht billig und dann diese unglückliche Fragezeichen-Situation. :( Auf der hellen Seite ist es nur 1 Pixel Konvergenz am schlechtesten Punkt, das andere 1 Pixel ist chromatische Aberration. Ich weiß nicht, ob das besser ist, aber ich habe das Gefühl, dass chromatische Aberration das Bild weniger beeinflusst als Konvergenz. Chromatische Aberration scheint wie eine Situation, in der das rote, grüne oder blaue Pixel noch an der richtigen Stelle ist, aber dann auch etwas an der falschen Stelle überschwappt am falschen Ort und nur am falschen Ort.

Ich denke, mit chromatischer Aberration haben Sie ein fast volles rotes, grünes oder blaues Pixel, wo es sein sollte, aber dann werden zum Beispiel nur einige Wellenlängen dieser Farbe ein Pixel zur Seite verstreut. Aber bei einer Fehlkonvergenz fehlen die roten, grünen oder blauen Pixelinformationen vollständig, wo sie sein sollten, und leuchten beispielsweise vollständig ein Pixel zur Seite.

Aber ich könnte damit völlig falsch liegen. Nur eine Theorie. Ich habe Sim2 Bilder gezeigt, sie sagten mir, es sei nicht nur in der Spezifikation, sondern "genau innerhalb der Spezifikation", und solche Dinge sind aus der Nähe normal, aber aus normaler Betrachtungsentfernung verschwindet alles. Ich muss noch mehr testen. Ich dachte, nachdem ich lange gesucht hatte, habe ich den ersten 1 von 2 des perfekten Projektors für einen 3D-Stack (und auch großartige 2D) gefunden, aber es ist frustrierend, weil ich vielleicht damit auf dem richtigen Weg bin (und die Micos mit ihre LEDs funktionieren möglicherweise überhaupt nicht mit Infitec-Filtern und erfordern einen sehr hohen Verstärkungsbildschirm mit Hotspotting usw.). Ja, Sie können es im Servicemenü in vollen Pixelschritten anpassen, aber da es auf der linken und rechten Seite unterschiedlich ist, können Sie eine Seite nicht verbessern, ohne die andere Seite zu verschlechtern. Aber vielleicht wird es nach weiteren Tests so sein, wie es mir Sim2 gesagt hat, und wird immer noch für einen Stack funktionieren. Wenn nicht, wenn ich es nur in 2D verwende, dachten der Vorbesitzer sowie meine Gäste alle, dass es aus der Sichtweite perfekt ist, kann nichts bemerken, und Sim2 hat mir das gleiche gesagt, also werde ich es an jemanden verkaufen, für den es verwendet wird 2D und aktives 3D, aber keine Stapelung, wo eine feinere Ausrichtung erforderlich ist.

Unfortunately still wrong (EDIT: ProjectionArt was meant, Squeezeman is of course right). Even if only one projector is used, the G-602 can output a maximum of 1920x1200 at one output.

Only the new generation 2020 can also output and warp 4k. But these devices have other problems and are far too expensive. That's why we dealt with software warping in this thread - because that's currently the only way to warp 4k resolutions.

Vielen Dank. Ich habe es noch einmal überprüft und Sie haben Recht, es kann eine 4K 30-Hz-Eingabe aufnehmen, aber nicht ausgeben, außer für Daisy Chain. https://www.vnstw.com/pts.php?id=99 . "5 Eingänge (2x HDMI, 1x DP, 1x DualLink DVI, 1x VGA) und 2x HDMI-Ausgänge sind im G-601 integriert. Eingang unterstützt bis zu 2560x1600 / 3840x1080 @ 60Hz und 4k UHD @ 30Hz mit 4:4:4 full Farbabtastung. Zwei HDMI-Ausgänge werden von derselben Signalquelle kommen und die maximale Ausgabeauflösung beträgt 1920 x 1200. HDMI Loop-Out unterstützt Daisy-Chain-Verbindungen bis zu 3840 x 1080 @ 60 Hz oder 4k / 2k @ 30 Hz. " 4K auf diesem Gerät, bei denen ich mir immer noch nicht sicher bin, sind die Probleme im Zusammenhang mit der Beschreibung der Konvergenz und der Dinge in meinem Thread. Ich entschuldige mich, dass ich durch die Beiträge auf den vorherigen Seiten verwirrt war, die besagten, dass es keine 4K-Geobox gibt, als ich dachte, dass es eine gäbe, also wollte ich das klarstellen. Jetzt ist mir klar, dass es nur 4K eingeben und 4K-Ausgaben in Daisy-Chain durchführen kann.

I ask you to write in German. Even if a translator is tedious, there is, for example, the AVSForum for English.:)

If I get the instructions for the G602 correctly, they can receive 4k @ 30, but only output 1920x1200. Until 2020 there was no Geobox that could output 4k at a single exit. Unfortunately.

By the way, this is the right thread for the Geobox . This thread is supposed to be about warping software.:)

Kein Problem. Diesen Thread zu sehen und ihn von Anfang bis Ende zu lesen, hat mich über die Geobox verwirrt, weil es Posts gab, die sagten, dass sie 4K nicht kann. Jetzt verstehe ich, dass es 4K machen kann, aber nicht in beiden Projektoren gleichzeitig, dank Ihrer und @zxlimited's Beiträge. Dankeschön. Ich habe keine Möglichkeit zu wissen, wie gut Google Translate beim Übersetzen von Englisch ins Deutsche funktioniert, aber vielleicht gibt es mir ein falsches Gefühl der Sicherheit, weil es eine gute Arbeit macht, Deutsch ins Englische zu übersetzen.

And the best thing is, unlike the GeoBox, with the warping software I am not limited to one channel and one maximum resolution. A whole new playground opens up for me with stacking, edge blending, camera-based automatic warping ...: mad:: happy:

Is this limitation for only certain geobox models? I see all these posts from 2020 about no geobox 4k model, and now this post about only one channel for the geobox therefore it cannot work for projector stacks or independent warping of two projectors. This is confusing me because I bought the geobox g602 model, which I believe is an older model from before 2020, and supposedly it supports 4K, and dual projector stacking, and independent warping of each projector similar to this.

Externer Inhalt youtu.be
    . At least I hope so otherwise I bought the wrong thing! :D I am not ready to test it out yet while my room is in progress, and I do not even have my AV Rack closet finished yet, or seating etc. One thing at a time. But eventually I can test and share info with you guys if that is helpful. In the meantime I am hoping for clarification about this.

Regarding misconvergence, I have a used 3-chip DLP projector that I want to ask your opinion if it is fit to be one half of a 3D stack for 3D, and if it is fit to be a long-term 2D projector. It's a tricky situation because the manufacturer told the original owner it was hand-picked as a favor because he had a friend at the company, he never checked the convergence but from his seating distance (closer than mine) he loved it for years (and yes I confirmed this was true, not just something he told me), and since I received it, everyone who has watched it with me thinks it is in great condition, whereas I know which side is worse up close and which side is good, and sometimes I think I am seeing it less sharp on one side, but I could just be projecting. I need a way to test that more specifically. But this is what it is like, if you can tell me if this will make any difference to sharpness from my viewing distance. On the right side, green and blue are perfectly aligned, and is misconverged like 0.2 pixels on the outside, including chromatic aberration. Then as you move right to left 20% of the screen's width, red comes closer to green and blue until all three are perfect for like 10% of the screen. Then as you keep moving towards the center of the screen, red starts to become misconverged to the other side, and by the time you reach the center of the screen, red is off about 0.35 or 0.4 pixels. And then unfortunately it starts to rise pretty quickly, not just at the other far side of the screen, but let's say just once you move another 20%, to where you are not 30% from the far left side of the screen, red is 1 pixel off from green and blue, and by the time you get to 25% from the left of the screen, there is a little extra chromatic aberration on top of this. And by the time you reach the far left of the screen, there is 1 misconverged red, plus another 1 pixel of chromatic aberration, so 2 pixels off total. And it is like this not just on the very far left of the screen, but the entire 20% of the right side of the screen or so.

From 1.5 viewing distance, do you think this will have any effect? Even most the M-150's I've seen have the 1 pixel of chromatic aberration on the far sides of the image, but of course, not the misconvergence on top of it. What do you think? How bad is it? Can I go forward with this unit with my plans, or should I only go forward when I find a better unit?