Beiträge von ProjectionArt

Deutsch: Wenn Sie Ihren Projektor auf dem Boden vor der ersten Sitzreihe oder an der Decke über und vor der ersten Sitzreihe montieren, muss das Publikum durch den Projektorstrahl schauen, um die Leinwand zu sehen, oder Wird es wie ein Fernseher aussehen, als ob Sie den Projektor hinter Sitzgelegenheiten montieren würden, wie in einem Kino?

English: In a blacked out room, is it bad to have your projector mounted in front of seating?

If you mount your projector on the floor in front of the first row of seating, or on the ceiling above and in front of the first row of seating, will the audience have to look through the projector beam in order to see the screen, or will it look like a TV the same as if you mount the projector behind seating, like in a movie theater?

Deutsch translated from english using google translate:

Are you only asking for 4K models or also for 1080p models?

For 4K you could try some of the UST models like the Fengami T1 or... other people can contribute to the models. Some of them are RGB laser 1 chip DLP models capable of displaying 100% bt2020 colors a huge advantage over all the competition plus brightness like the Optoma UHZ65 or better and the lasers probably allow for some reason a higher native contrast than the Optoma twice. However, for some reason I believe all 24fps sources output at 60fps and use a 3:2 pulldown to the best of my knowledge.

Also the BenQ HT9060 is called in the US, not sure what it's called in Europe, maybe X1200 or something, I'm not sure, it's RGB LED, almost as bright as the Optoma, 100% DCI-P3 -Color space and apparently nicer lens than the Optoma. However, it outputs 24fps at 60fps with 3:2 pulldown, same problem. But some people don't mind. The contrast is worse than the Optoma, but the image should still be sharper and have less/no rainbow effect. The Optoma UHZ65LZ appears to have added 144Hz active 3D, the BenQ has 120Hz active 3D.

These are all 1-chip models.

For 1080p the 3 chip models to look for are various Lumis models, there are many variations, some better than others but all are at least as good as the next best HT models, the Runco LS-10 or Runco LS-12 or Runco x450h maybe it's called but I'm not sure, it was basically next year's version of the LS-12, I think just a different name. And then I think it's more like cinema models or something in between HT and cinema in terms of size, but the Christie HDK-6 or HDK-12 or something like that. And in one of my previous threads there were some recommendations from Panasonic. I can't figure out how to see the threads I've posted on my profile. or the Digital Projection Titan models (but very heavy and noisy, so less recommended), there is a Digital Projection Titan LED model that I was curious about but have never heard of anyone who has had, probably also big and loud. These range from maybe 70% as bright as the Optoma to the same brightness to even brighter.

For 1080p 1 chip RGB LED models they are less bright, probably look similar to a 1,000 lumen incandescent projector and the best ones are the Sim2 M-150 or Sim2 M-150S or Sim2 M.Reference which both latter models as far as I know are "hand picked parts" versions of the M-150 from different years, or the Sim2 Mico 50 or the Runco q750 or maybe some Vivitek or DisplayVision models using the same OEM alternator , or something else as I'm less familiar with them and they may seem to trade an advantage in brightness or lens quality for many weaknesses like noise, heat, calibration or other things. The ones that people keep coming back to are apparently the SIM2 and the Runco.

These have a native contrast of 2250:1 to 3250:1, a bt2020 color gamut of 85% or more and an ANSI contrast of around 800:1 to 1000:1. The Runco q750i and Sim2 Mico 50 both have a Dynami contrast feature that can boost dynamic contrast between 12,500:1 and 16,000:1, while the newer model, the M-150, seems to have really toned that feature down to make it work only up to maybe 5,000:1 dynamic or something like that. Some people see artifacts from the function on the Mico 50 and q750i, others don't. If you don't, that's the only major advantage these models have over the newer one, while the newer one (the M-150 line) is a bit brighter, possibly a bit higher native and ANSI contrast, possibly a slightly wider color gamut and it can use the free Sim2 live color calibration software which the older ones can't use. It also has a frame interpolation feature that interpolates 24fps movies to 48fps and 60fps to 120fps, and I'm assuming 30fps to 60fps, though I don't have not tested. It works very well when it doesn't skip frames, which I'm still investigating whether it does or not, or whether other settings or maybe even the HDMI cable affect it. I've noticed that it skips in some 4K movies downscaled to 1080p when my source is played on multiple units at the same time each time, but then I tried the same movie, but the 1080p version with a different and shorter HDMI cable, a new unit with different settings, and it didn't jump at all in these or other places, it seemed to last the whole movie. So if there's a way not to skip frames, FI might be the best I've come across and a huge plus.

Note that some of the Lumis models also have frame interpolation and, as far as I can tell, have the exact same algorithm as the M-150 line. However, some Lumis models do not. Likewise, some Lumis models have dynamic contrast that can reach up to 20,000:1, and some Lumis models don't have this feature at all. Some also have a static aperture that you can close to improve contrast at the expense of brightness, others don't.

The M-150 series also has "Sim2 Proprietary 2.5 Flash 120Hz Active 3D" which the other models don't have. Some Lumis models have 144Hz "Triple Flash" Active 3D, others have no Active 3D at all.

The native contrast of the 4K single chip long throw projector is estimated at 900:1 to 1500:1 (BenQ HT9060 and Optoma) and I'm not sure about ANSI but I would estimate between 450:1 and 700 :1 appreciate.

The 4K single chip UST models with RGB laser, some apparently can achieve 3000:1 native contrast and I have no idea about ANSI but I would guess somewhere between 500:1 and 850:1.

The 3-chip DLP 1080p models range from say 4,000:1 to 7,500:1 native contrast, and the ANSI contrast should be between 800:1 and 1,050:1 I'd guess or guess/guess.

I already mentioned the numbers for the 1-chip 1080p models. About 500 to 600 lumens, but they'll look like say 1,000 incandescent lumens because LED lighting has higher CLO and looks brighter to our eyes for other reasons, and the contrast and ANSI that I mentioned earlier.

That's basically the entire state of the country, unless I've left something out. For many scenes the best 1080p DLP options might be better than anything else in your price range but only if you use madvr or lumagen or maybe the cheaper option of the Panasonic Blu-ray player would work but maybe not me not sure but for really dark scenes none of this will compete with a JVC I don't think. I hope this helps, I wasn't aware of what I was getting myself into when I set out to summarize the entire state of the country for you haha.

English original in case google translate confused some words:

Are you asking about 4K only or also 1080p models?

For 4K, you could try some of the UST models like the Fengami T1 or... other people can chime in on the models. Some of them are RGB laser 1 chip DLP models that can do 100% bt2020 colors, a major advantage over all the competition, plus brightness like the Optoma UHZ65 or better, and the lasers for whatever reason allow higher native contrast than the Optoma, probably double. However for some reason so far I believe all of them output 24fps sources at 60fps, using 3:2 pulldown as far as I know.

Likewise, the BenQ HT9060 in the US it's called, not sure what it is caleld in Europe maybe X1200 or something Im not sure, is RGB LED, almost as bright as the Optoma, 100% DCI-P3 color gamut, and apparently a nicer lens than the Optoma. However, it outputs 24fps at 60fps using 3:2 pulldown, same problem. Some people aren't bothered by it though. The contrast is worse than the Optoma but the picture should be even sharper and have less/no rainbow effect. The Optoma UHZ65LZ apparently added 144hz active 3D, the BenQ has 120hz active 3D.

Those are all 1 chip models.

For 1080p, the 3 chip models to look for are various Lumis models, there are many variations some better than others but all are at least as good as the next best HT models, the Runco LS-10 or Runco LS-12 or Runco x450h maybe it's called but I'm not sure, it was basically the next year's version of the LS-12 I think just a different name. And then I think they are more cinema models or something in between HT and cinema as far as size, but the Christie HDK-6 or HDK-12 or something like that. And in one of my earlier threads there were some Panasonic's recommended. I cant figure out on my profile how to see the threads I posted. or the Digital Projection Titan models (but very heavy and noisy so less recommended), there is a Digital Projection Titan LED model I have been curious about but never heard of anyone who had it, probably also big and loud. These range from maybe 70% as bright as the Optoma to the same brightness to brighter.

Edit: Also ProjectionDesign F82 and F85, I left them out before by mistake.

For 1080p 1 chip RGB LED models, they're less bright, will probably appear similar to a 1,000 lumen bulb projector, and the best ones are the Sim2 M-150 or Sim2 M-150S or Sim2 M.Reference, the latter two models are different years' "hand picked parts" versions of the M-150 as far as I understand, or the Sim2 Mico 50, or the Runco q750, or maybe some Vivitek or DisplayVision models that use the same OEM light engine or something but I am less familiar with those and they seem to trade maybe one advantage in brightness or lens quality for a lot of weaknesses like noise, heat, calibration or other things. The ones that people keep going back to are the SIM2's and the Runco's it seems.

These will have from 2,250:1 to 3,250:1 native contrast, 85% or higher bt2020 color gamut, and around 800:1 to 1,000:1 ANSI contrast. The Runco q750i and Sim2 Mico 50 both have a dynami contrast function that can bump that up to, guessing, between 12,500:1 to 16,000:1 dynamic contrast, while the newer model, the M-150, apparently really softened that feature so that it will only go to maybe 5,000:1 dynamic or something like that. Some people see artifacts from the feature on the Mico 50 and q750i, some people don't. If you don't, it's the one big advantage to those models over the newer one, while the newer one (the M-150 line) is slightly brighter, possibly slightly higher native and ANSI contrast, possibly slighter wider color gamut, and it can use the free Sim2 live color calibration software which the older ones can't use. It also has frame interpolation feature that interpolates 24fps movies to 48fps in cadence, and 60fps to 120fps, and I assume 30fps to 60fps although I haven't tested. It works very well when it doesn't skip frames which I am still investigating if it does or doesn't or if other settings or maybe even the HDMI cable is affecting it. I was noticing it skip in some 4K movies downscaled to 1080p by my source playing, at the same time every time, on multiple unit samples, but then I tried the same movie but the 1080p version, with a different and shorter HDMI cable, on a new unit with different settings, and it wasn't skipping at all in those places or any other places it seemed the whole movie. So if there is some way to make it not skip frames then the FI might be the best I've encountered and a big advantage.

Note some of the Lumis models also have frame interpolation, and it as far as I can tell the exact same algorithm as on the M-150 line. But some Lumis models do not. Likewise some Lumis models have dynamic contrast that can go to around 20,000:1, and some Lumis models dont have that feature at all. Some also have a static iris you can close to improve the contrast more at the expense of brightness, some don' t.

The 4K single chip long throw projectors native contrast is I guess around 900:1 to 1,500:1 (BenQ HT9060 and Optoma), and I'm not sure about the ANSI but I would guess between 450:1 and 700:1.

The 4K single chip UST models with RGB laser, some can apparently do 3,000:1 native contrast, and I have no idea about the ANSI but I would guess between 500:1 and 850:1.

The 3-chip DLP 1080p models range from say 4,000:1 to 7,500:1 native contrast, and the ANSI contrast should range between 800:1 and 1,050:1 I would guesstimate or guess / estimate.

The M-150 lineup also has "Sim2 proprietary 2.5 flash 120hz active 3D" which the other models dont. Some Lumis models have 144hz "Triple flash" active 3D, some don't have active 3D at all.

The 4K single chip long throw projectors native contrast is I guess around 900:1 to 1,500:1 (BenQ HT9060 and Optoma), and I'm not sure about the ANSI but I would guess between 450:1 and 700:1.

The 4K single chip UST models with RGB laser, some can apparently do 3,000:1 native contrast, and I have no idea about the ANSI but I would guess between 500:1 and 850:1.

The 3-chip DLP 1080p models range from say 4,000:1 to 7,500:1 native contrast, and the ANSI contrast should range between 800:1 and 1,050:1 I would guesstimate or guess / estimate.

The 1-chip 1080p models I already mentioned the numbers. Around 500 to 600 lumens but they will look like say 1,000 bulb lumens because LED lighting has higher color brightness and other reasons it looks brighter to our eyes, and the contrast and ANSI I already mentioned.

That's basically the full lay of the land unless I left out something. For a lot of scenes, the best 1080p DLP options might be better than anything else in your price range, but only if you use madvr or Lumagen or maybe the cheaper option of the Panasonic blu ray player would work but maybe not I'm not sure, but for really dark scenes none of it is going to compete with a JVC I dont think. I hope this helps, I didn't realize what I was getting myself into when I set out to summarize the full lay of the land for you, haha.

Edit: Here were the Panasonic models recommended to me also, FYI. RE: Können Sie mir bitte einen 1080p oder höher 3 Chip DLP mit ordentlichem Kontrast empfehlen??

Assuming equal conditions and same screen size for both, how would the best glasses-free 3D display compare in terms of 3D effect and clarity and eye strain and all relevant to the best passive 3D setup like Dolby Laser or similar? Assuming contrast, brightness and color are all the same, how would the 3D effect and clarity compare?

Now? And 5 years from now, what will be better if you don't mind wearing glasses but want a good 3D experience or not?

I asked a retailer who sells some of the best ultra high end projectors with active 3D solutions if they carry ultra high end glasses free 3D displays and how he thinks they compare and he told me that he doesn't run them because there are still problems with the technology. But he didn't elaborate and I don't even know how familiar he really is with the glasses-free displays.

English original text before google translate to German:

What is the current status of glasses-free 3D technology? And what is the prognosis for the next 5 years?

Assuming same conditions and same screen size for both, how would compare the best glasses free 3D display, in terms of 3D effect and clarity and eye strain and the everything relevant, to the best passive 3D setup like Dolby laser or something like that? Assuming the contrast, brightness, and color are all the same, how would the 3D effect and clarity compare?

Now? And 5 years from now, which will be better to own if you dont mind wearing glasses but want a good 3D experience glasses or not?

I asked a dealer who sells some of the best ultra high end projectors with active 3D solutions if he carried any ultra high end glasses-free 3D display, and how he thought they compared, and he told me he did not carry them because there are still issues with the technology. But he didn't elaborate and I don't even know how familiar he is, really, with the glasses free displays.

Example / Beispiel:

Externer Inhalt www.youtube.com
    Inhalte von externen Seiten werden ohne Ihre Zustimmung nicht automatisch geladen und angezeigt.
    Durch die Aktivierung der externen Inhalte erklären Sie sich damit einverstanden, dass personenbezogene Daten an Drittplattformen übermittelt werden. Mehr Informationen dazu haben wir in unserer Datenschutzerklärung zur Verfügung gestellt.

Deutsch: Hallo, beachten Sie, dass ich nicht auf Deutsch schreiben kann, also schreibe ich auf Englisch und benutze Google Übersetzer. Ich habe eine Sim2 Superlumis und eine Sim2 M-150. Jeder wird mit seiner eigenen Sim2-Live-Farbkalibrierungssoftware geliefert. Ich habe auch ein Xrite i1 Display Pro Plus. Ich habe noch nie Helligkeit oder Kontrast gemessen oder eine Kalibrierung durchgeführt und suche Schritt für Schritt nach Hilfe, was zu tun ist. Es muss nicht alles auf einmal sein, nur Posts, die mir den ersten oder zweiten Schritt sagen, und wenn ich diese dann getan habe, kann ich mich melden und fragen, was als nächstes kommt.

Zuerst brauche ich jedoch nur Hilfe, um sie zu messen. Ich möchte sicherstellen, dass nichts kaputt ist und dass der gemessene Kontrast, die Helligkeit und der ANSI-Kontrast im Bereich dessen liegen, was die Leute gemeldet haben. Das sind die drei Dinge, bei denen ich Hilfe beim Messen brauche. Ich weiß, dass sie sich nach der Kalibrierung ändern können, daher bin ich mir nicht sicher, mit welchen Werten ich vergleichen soll, wenn sie nicht kalibriert sind, aber bitte geben Sie zuerst an, wie ich das tun kann. Ich bin in größerer Eile, sie zu messen und sicherzustellen, dass alles "OK" ist, bevor ich zum nächsten Schritt der Kalibrierung übergehe. Wenn sich herausstellt, dass jemand ein großes Problem hat, verschwende ich keine Zeit damit, es zu kalibrieren, ich werde versuchen, es zu reparieren oder so.

Vielen Dank für die Hilfe

English: Hello, note I can't write in German, so I write in english and use google translate. I have a Sim2 Superlumis, and a Sim2 M-150. Each comes with its own Sim2 live color calibration software. I also have an xrite i1 display pro plus. I have never measured brightness or contrast before, or done a calibration, and I am looking for help step by step what to do. It doesnt have have to be all at once, just posts telling me the first step or two, then once I do those, I can report back and ask what's next.

First though, I just need help to measure them. I want to make sure, out of the box, nothing is broken, and that the contrast and brightness and ANSI contrast measured are in the ballpark of what people have reported. Those are the three things I need help how to measure. I know they can change after calibration, so Im not sure what values to compare to when it's not calibrated, but please advise how I can do that first. I am in a bigger rush to measure them and make sure everything is "OK" before moving to the next step of calibration. If it turns out one has a big problem then I wont waste time calibrating it, I will try to repair it or something.

Thanks very much for the help

Deutsch with google translate: "Draper TecVision ... retro" Ist "retro" dasselbe wie das da-lite High Power 2.8, das eingestellt wurde, oder nein?

Gibt es auch einen Thread wie diesen mit den Vergleichen in Post 1 für nicht perforierte Bildschirme?

English: "Draper TecVision ... retro" Is "retro" the same as the da-lite High Power 2.8 that got discontinued, or no?

Also is there any thread like this with the comparisons in post 1 for non-perforated screens?

Deutsch with google translate: Ich war eine Weile nicht mehr im Forum und habe seitdem keine Zeit, all die interessanten Beiträge zu lesen. Aber ich frage mich, haben wir etwas darüber gelernt, wie die besten 1080p-DLP-Modelle im Vergleich zu den 4K-Modellen von JVC NX und NZ abschneiden?

English: I haven't been on the forum for awhile, and dont have time to read all the interesting posts since then. But I am wondering, did we learn anything about how the best 1080p DLP models compare to the 4L JVC NX and NZ models?

Deutsch with google translate: Sim2 verkaufte ein Superlumis-Modell mit Farbfiltern für 100 % P3 und ich denke, es gab sogar einen anderen Filter, entweder anstelle dieses oder in Kombination mit diesem, der irgendwo zwischen P3 und BT2020 liegen könnte, aber ich glaube nicht, dass sie es sind separat erhältlich, daher lautet meine Frage: zxlimited, haben Sie jemals etwas gefunden, das Sie empfehlen könnten, um es einem Superlumis hinzuzufügen, um 100 % P3 oder mehr Farbraum zu erhalten? Nehmen wir an, ich muss theoretisch 30 % bis 40 % Helligkeit opfern. Vielleicht mehr, aber wahrscheinlich weniger, aber sagen wir einfach irgendwo drin. 30% denke ich auf jeden Fall. 40 % könnten es vorantreiben.

English: Sim2 sold a Superlumis model with color filters for 100% P3 and I think there was even another filter, either instead of that one, or combined with that one, that could get somewhere in between P3 and BT2020, however I dont think they are available to buy separately, so my question is, zxlimited, did you ever find anything you could recommend to add to a Superlumis to get 100% P3 or more color space? Let's say I have 30%-40% brightness to sacrifice, theoretically. Maybe more, but probably less, but let's just say somewhere in there. Definitely 30% I think. 40% might be pushing it.

English: I have a bunch of curtains all over the place in different directions. I am wondering if there is a simple and cheap way to motorize them to open and close all at once even though some open this way some open that way?

Deutsch with google translate: Ich habe ein paar Vorhänge überall in verschiedenen Richtungen. Ich frage mich, ob es eine einfache und billige Möglichkeit gibt, sie so zu motorisieren, dass sie sich gleichzeitig öffnen und schließen, obwohl sich einige auf diese Weise öffnen, andere auf diese Weise?

Deutsch: Dies ist genauso eine Frage im Zusammenhang mit DLP vs. Flüssigkristallen wie alles andere, und wenn Sie darauf eingehen, können Sie auch die anderen Aspekte der Frage beantworten.

Es gibt immer noch kein erschwingliches 3-Chip-DLP oder sogar 1-Chip-DLP mit RGB-Lichtquelle und 24fps-Fähigkeit, die 4K sind und nach DLP-Standards einen guten Kontrast haben, was bedeutet, dass Leute, die DLP kaufen möchten, möglicherweise auf 1080p-Modelle schauen müssen . Dann ist selbst unter den 1080p-Modellen, die für das Heimkino entwickelt wurden, die Anzahl von ihnen, die entweder 3-Chip-DLP- oder RGB-Lichtquellen sind und auch hell sind, ziemlich gering, so dass es natürlich eine oder zwei Möglichkeiten gibt, die als die Die sinnvollsten Kaufoptionen sind auch einige Kinomodelle wie das im vorigen Post erwähnte Christie-Modell, das ebenfalls zu den Top-5-Optionen zählen würde.

Würde jemand mit einer kleineren Bildschirmgröße jemals dieses Modell dem besten 1080p-DLP-Modell für Heimkino vorziehen, wenn er die Wahl hätte, nun, das ist eine andere Frage, um die Superlumis mit dem fraglichen Christie-Modell zu vergleichen (HD6K denke ich) heißt), aber selbst mit dem Objektiv mit hoher Helligkeit kann die Superlumis nicht so hell werden wie die Christie, und Sie können möglicherweise nur dieses oder jenes Modell finden Theatermodell.

English to avoid translation errors: This is as much a question related to DLP vs liquid crystal as much as anything else, and touching on that will help answer the other aspects of the question also.

There are still no affordable 3-chip DLP, or even 1-chip DLP with RGB lightsource and 24fps capability, that are 4K and have good contrast by DLP standards, which means that people who want to buy DLP may have to look at 1080p models. Then even among the 1080p models made for home theater, the number of them that are either 3-chip DLP, or RGB lightsource and also bright, is quite low, so while there is of course one or two choices there that would rank as the most sensible options to buy, there also factor in a few cinema models like the Christie model mentioned in the previous post that would also rank in the top 5 options.

Would someone with a smaller screen size ever choose that model over the best 1080p DLP model made for home theater, if they had the choice, well that is another question to compare let's say the Superlumis to the Christie model in question (HD6K I think it is called), but even with the high brightness lens the Superlumis cannot get as bright as the Christie, plus you may only be able to find this model or that model, so those are the reasons some people might buy a cinema model over a home theater model.

[user = '2660'] kinodehemm [/ user]

Devices are discussed and talked about, regardless of whether you own the devices or whether they are there at all. For many, that's simply part of the hobby. But now to think that a delivery delay is deliberately accepted or that it is a purpose to generate attention ("It all just serves to keep the fans turning! ..." only part of the Product marketing ") is nonsense and belongs to the area of conspiracy theories. Please do not confuse cause and effect here.

Deutsch: Das Problem ist, dass ich nicht weiß, ob jemand öffentlich macht, wenn so etwas passiert, aber wir wissen, dass einige Organisationen zumindest die Möglichkeit haben, Geschichten oder Social-Media-Buzz zu erstellen, und wir wissen, dass einige Organisationen ein Motiv haben, dies zu tun die Welt der ständigen Online-Konversation. Wenn es also Mittel und Motive gibt, dies zu tun, und wenn nichts einige Organisationen davon abhält, dies zu tun, sollte dann die Standardannahme sein, dass es IST, und nicht, dass es NICHT geschieht?

Versteh mich nicht falsch, ich möchte lieber gar nichts annehmen, aber wenn etwas so oder so ist und es beeinflusst, was so oder so passiert, dann kannst du es nicht ignorieren. Wenn Sie jedoch nicht genügend Informationen haben, um mit Sicherheit zu wissen, um welche Einzelheiten es sich handelt, können Sie nicht mit Sicherheit über Einzelheiten sprechen, sondern nur über die Tatsachen, in denen dies sowohl auf Unternehmensebene als auch auf politischer Ebene vorgekommen ist und wo nicht.

Im Grunde haben wir nicht genug Informationen, um die ganze Zeit über Einzelheiten zu sprechen, aber es ist zu relevant, um nicht zumindest allgemein darüber zu sprechen oder zumindest auf der Hut zu sein, dass man selten sicher sein kann, dass es nicht passiert die Welt der anonymen Online-Kommentare. Es ist also ein schmaler Grat. Ich stimme Ihnen grundsätzlich zu, dass wir mit den Einzelheiten, die wir sagen, vorsichtig sein müssen, wenn wir die Einzelheiten in jedem Fall nicht kennen, aber ich stimme dem Poster zu, auf das Sie antworten, wenn keine Einzelheiten so oder so fehlen, wir müssen alle Möglichkeiten anerkennen und Logik anwenden, um zumindest die Wahrscheinlichkeiten so gut wie möglich zu erraten, was in jeder spezifischen Situation alles im Spiel ist, und nicht nur die Gründe, die uns öffentlich mitgeteilt werden. Manchmal sind die Gründe hinter den Kulissen nicht dieselben wie die der Öffentlichkeit gegebenen Erklärungen, oder manchmal sind sie dieselben, aber es gibt andere schwerwiegendere Gründe, die geheim gehalten werden.

English to avoid translation errors: The problem is I don't know if anyone is making public when stuff like that goes on, but we know some organizations at least have a means to create stories or social media buzz, and we know some organizations have a motive to do it in the world of constant online conversation. So if there is means to do it and a motive to do it, and if there is nothing stopping some organizations doing it, then should the default assumption be that it is IS happening, not that it is NOT happening?

Don't get me wrong, I would rather not have to assume anything at all, but when something either is one way or another way, and it affects what is happening either way, then you can't ignore it. Yet if you don't have enough information to know for sure the specifics of which it is, you can't talk about specifics with certainty, only the facts where this has happened before and where it hasn't, both corporately and politically.

Basically we don't have enough information to talk about specifics all the time, but it's too relevant not to talk about it at least generally, or to at least be on guard about the fact you can rarely be sure it isn't happening in the world of anonymous online comments. So it's a fine line to walk. I basically agree with you that we have to be careful about the specifics we say if he we don't know the specifics in each case, but I agree with the poster you're responding to that in the absence of specifics either way, we have to acknowledge all possibilities, and use logic to at least guess at probabilities the best we can about what all is involved in each specific situation, rather than just the reasons we are told publicly. Sometimes the reasons behind the scenes are not the same as the explanations given to the public, or sometimes some of them are the same but there are other bigger reasons that are kept private.

Danke schön. Wäre es möglich, genauer zu beschreiben, was Sie bei Bewegung gesehen haben, im Gegensatz zu Standbildern? Beispielsweise würden viele bei Standbildern sofort den Unterschied zwischen 4K und 1080p bemerken, aber was die Bewegung betrifft, ist die Bewegung dieselbe. Ich verstehe, dass Sie sagen, dass die NZ8 4-Wege-E-Shift 8K-Funktion im Allgemeinen einen Unterschied gemacht hat, aber können Sie beschreiben, wie der Unterschied aussah? Haben Sie schon einmal einen 1080p DLP-Projektor gesehen und haben Sie das Gefühl, dass der NZ8 mit aktiviertem E-Shift jetzt deutlich bessere Bewegungen hat?

Da ich es selbst nicht sehen kann, versuche ich, so viele Details wie möglich von Leuten zu bekommen, die das verstehen, damit ich genau verstehen kann, was der Unterschied ist und wie groß der Unterschied ist und ob es jetzt bessere Bewegungen als DLP gibt. oder nur eine verbesserung für lcos, aber immer noch nicht großartig, oder was genau passiert.

English to avoid translation errors: Would it be possible to describe more what you saw specific to motion, as opposed to still images? For example, many would notice the difference immediately between 4K and 1080p, with still images, but as far as motion is concerned, the motion is the same. So I understand you're saying NZ8 4-way e-shift 8K feature made a difference in general, but can you describe what the difference was like? Have you ever seen a 1080p DLP projector and do you feel the NZ8 with e-shift enabled has significantly better motion now?

Since I can't see it for myself, I am trying to get as much detail as possible from people who understand so I can understand exactly what the difference is, and how big a difference, and whether it is better motion than DLP now, or just an improvement for lcos but still not great, or what is going on exactly.

Edit: George Lucas I would ask your opinion also (DLP motion vs NZ8/NZ9 motion). Deutsch: Ich würde Sie auch um Ihre Meinung bitten (DLP motion vs NZ8/NZ9 motion).

Deutsch: Was ist dir beim 8K e-Shift auf der JVC NZ8 aufgefallen?

Gab es bei Standbildern im Vergleich zu 4K mit der NZ8 auf demselben Bildschirm eine bessere Schärfe oder Detailgenauigkeit? Wenn ja, aus welcher Entfernung könnten Sie einen Unterschied bei welcher Bildschirmgröße feststellen?

War Bewegung in bewegten Bildern mit 8K E-Shift besser als ohne auf demselben Bildschirm? Ein NZ9-Besitzer sagte, die Bewegung mit 8K E-Shift sei die gleiche wie 4K auf einem OLED. Er hat die Bewegung nicht mit 4K auf der JVC verglichen, aber ich nehme an, er meinte, es sei dasselbe. Er sagte, die 8K-Bewegung sei "OK". Am anderen Ende des Extrems habe ich Leute gesehen, die sagen, dass 8K-E-Shift die Bewegung wie eine Frame-Interpolation macht, jedoch ohne Seifenoperneffekt! Eine andere Person verglich die Klarheit von Bewegungen mit 8k E-Shift mit der Klarheit von Standbildern. Dies würde eine noch bessere Bewegung bedeuten als CRTs oder jedes andere Display in der Geschichte der Displays.

Wie manche Leute überhaupt keine Verbesserung bemerken, während andere sagen, dass es die beste Bewegung ist, die es je auf Displays gegeben hat, wenn sie genau dasselbe betrachten, ist ein Rätsel. Aus diesem Grund müssen wir so viele Meinungen wie möglich einholen, damit die Wahrheit mit der Zeit hoffentlich klarer wird. Letztendlich bin ich sehr gespannt, was die bessere Bewegung bietet, der NZ8 mit aktiviertem 8K E-Shift oder ein 1080p 3-Chip-DLP-Projektor wie der Ilep X? Wenn 8K e-Shift wirklich ruckelfreie Bewegungen erzeugt wie die Frame-Interpolation, aber ohne Nachteile wie den Seifenoper-Effekt, dann ist der JVC sicherlich die klare Wahl für die beste Bewegung nicht nur im Vergleich zum Ilep, sondern auch im Vergleich zu jedem anderen Display das hat es jemals gegeben, außer vielleicht Rolling Scan oder etwas Ausgefallenes, von dem ich nicht viel Ahnung habe, um es hier in die Post aufzunehmen.

ANDY_Cres hast du beide gesehen, oder kennst du jemanden, den wir für diese Frage in diesem Thread markieren können?

English to avoid translation errors: What did you notice with the 8K e-shift on the JVC NZ8?

In still images, was there better sharpness or detail compared to 4K with the NZ8 on the same screen? If so, from how far away could you notice a difference on what sized screen?

In moving images, was motion better with 8K e-shift than without it on the same screen? One NZ9 owner said the motion with 8K e-shift is the same as 4K on an OLED. He did not compare the motion to 4K on the JVC, but I assume he meant it was the same. He said the 8K motion was "OK." At the other end of the extreme, i have seen people say 8K e-shift makes the motion like frame interpolation, but without any soap opera effect! Another person compared the motion clarity with 8k e-shift to the clarity of still photography. This would mean even better motion than CRTs or any display in the history of displays.

So how some people notice no improvement at all, while some people say it is the best motion that has ever existed on displays, when they are looking at the same exact thing, is a mystery. For this reason, we need to gather as many opinions as possible so that hopefully the truth of the matter will become more clear over time. Ultimately, I am very curious what will have better motion, the NZ8 with 8K e-shift enabled, or a 1080p 3-chip DLP projector like the Ilep X? If 8K e-shift truly creates motion that is smooth like frame interpolation but with none of the downsids like soap opera effect, then surely the JVC is the clear choice for the best motion not just compared to the Ilep, but compared to any other display that has ever existed besides maybe rolling scan or something fancy that I don't have much knowledge about to include in post here either way.

Andy have you seen both, or do you know anyone that has who we can tag into this thread for this question?

Wenn Sie in der Lage sind, Bilder zu posten, würde dies den Leuten helfen, zu kommentieren.

English to avoid translation errors: If you are able to post pictures, it would help people to comment.

Danke schön. Wie nimmt das Display beim 48Hz mit Lumagen Scaler eine 48Hz Eingabe auf und gibt sie mit 48Hz aus? Meine Sim2 akzeptieren nur 23/24p-Eingang, 30p-Eingang (glaube ich) und 60p-Eingang. Vielleicht auch 50p oder so, ich weiß es nicht. Aber definitiv nicht 48. Und ich glaube auch nicht, dass der Ilep das tut. Hat der Ilep 48hz Ein- und Ausgang?

English to avoid translation errors: Thank you. For the 48HZ with Lumagen scaler, how does the display take a 48hz input and output it at 48hz? My Sim2's only accept 23/24p input, 30p input (I think), and 60p input. Maybe also 50p or something, I do not know. But definitely not 48. And I don't think the Ilep does either. Does the Ilep have 48hz input?

Deutsch: Hallo Andy, ich schätze es immer, wenn du wiegst. Wenn ich in Zukunft einen Neid bekommen kann und der FI besser ist, dann werde ich natürlich einfach den verwenden, aber im Moment habe ich ihn nicht, also wäre es schön, wenn der Built in FI auf dem Ilep funktionierte konsequent ohne übersprungene Frames.

Der Ilep ist auch in der Lage 24fps in 48fps umzuwandeln, er passt gleichmäßig. Der Envy kann dies nicht, er muss 24 auf 60 ändern, was wahrscheinlich 100% synthetische Frames (60 pro Sekunde) bedeutet, anstatt eine Mischung aus 1 echten Frame mit 1 synthetischem Frame (48 Frames insgesamt pro Sekunde, 24 echte, 24 falsche) .

Kennen wir sicher noch die Antworten auf diese Fragen, die damit zusammenhängen?

1. Was ist eine bessere Bildrate für Filme und die optimale Balance zwischen glatten Bewegungen mit wenig Seifenoperneffekt, 48 fps oder 60 fps?

2. Was ist besser für Frame-Interpolation, 100 % synthetische Frames oder 50 % / 50 %?

Am Ende des Tages, weil der Envy so viel mehr Rechenleistung hat, erwarte ich, dass dieser Vorteil überwiegt, selbst wenn 48 besser als 60 oder 50%/50% besser als 100% synthetisch wären. Ich erwarte, dass der Envy FI jeden eingebauten Projektor-FI um das Zehnfache übertrifft, und ich hoffe, dass er dies tut. Da ich aber keinen habe, aber einen Ilep bekomme, hoffe ich, dass der FI funktioniert, ohne dass Frames übersprungen werden. Die Unfähigkeit, gleichzeitig Laserdimmen zu verwenden, ist bedauerlich, aber ich hätte lieber die Wahl zwischen gutem Laserdimmen und konsistentem FI, als zwischen gutem Laserdimmen und inkonsistentem FI.

English to avoid translation errors: Hi Andy, I always appreciate when you weigh in. If I can get an Envy in the future, and the FI is better, then of course I will just use that, but for now I dont have it so it would be nice if the built in FI on the Ilep worked consistently with no skipped frames.

The Ilep is also able to turn 24fps into 48fps, it fits evenly. The Envy cannot do this, it must change 24 to 60 which probably means 100% synthetic frames (60 per second), rather than a mix of 1 real frame with 1 synthetic frame (48 frames total per second, 24 real, 24 false).

Do we know for sure yet the answers to these questions that are related to this?

1. What is a better frame rate for movies, and the optimal balance of smooth motion with little soap opera effect, 48fps, or 60fps?

2. What is better for frame interpolation, 100% synthetic frames, or 50% / 50%?

At the end of the day, because the Envy has so much more processing power, I expect this advantage to outweigh even if 48 would be better than 60, or 50%/50% would be better than 100% synthetic. I expect the Envy FI to outperform any built in projector FI by ten times, and I hope it does. But since I don't have one, but I am getting an Ilep, I hope the FI works without skipping frames. The inability to use laser dimming at the same time is unfortunate, but I would rather have the choice between good laser dimming, and consistent FI, than the choice between good laser dimming, and inconsistent FI.

Deutsch: Ich habe die Frame-Interpolation bei Sim2 MReference, Sim2 M-150 und Sim2 Superlumis ausprobiert, und es scheint, dass bei allen drei dieser Modelle Frames manchmal immer an den gleichen Stellen in den gleichen Filmen übersprungen werden, sonst wäre es ausgezeichnet. Wenn Ilep etwas Ähnliches verwendet, aber Fehler in der Firmware beheben könnte, um das Überspringen/Auslassen von Frames alle paar Minuten zu entfernen, wäre dies insgesamt hervorragend. Natürlich immer noch nicht perfekt, aber ich würde es verwenden.

English to avoid translation errors: I have tried frame interpolation on the Sim2 MReference, Sim2 M-150, and Sim2 Superlumis, and it seems to skip frames sometimes, always in the same places in the same movies on all three of these models, otherwise it would be excellent. If Ilep uses something similar, but could troubleshoot the firmware to remove the skipping/dropping of frames every couple minutes, it would be excellent overall. Still not perfect of course, but I would use it.

Deutsch: Wie hoch ist der native Kontrast beim NZ8 und NZ9, wenn das Laserdimmen nicht verwendet werden kann? Ich erhalte so oder so einen 1080p-Ilep, aber die Veröffentlichung der JVC NZ-Serie ist interessant. Vielleicht würden einige Leute die JVC's wählen? Welche würdet ihr wählen? Ich habe nicht die Möglichkeit, Seite an Seite zu demonstrieren, aber meine Entscheidung ist gefallen. Ilep ist sowieso viel teurer, daher ist es keine Schande, wenn die JVCs nicht ganz mithalten können. Ich bin nur an Meinungen dazu interessiert, da Auflösung und Schwarzboden zwei der wichtigsten Aspekte der Bildqualität sind und die JVCs in beiden Bereichen die Nase vorn haben. Auf der anderen Seite ist es 4K lcos vs 1080p DLP, kein Vergleich von Äpfeln zu Äpfeln. Alles andere ist gleich, 4K ist schärfer und detaillierter als 1080p. Aber ansonsten ist DLP schärfer und detaillierter als lcos. Wie also wiegt man es, wenn in der einen Hand das eine und in der anderen das andere ist?

Der schwarze Boden des Ilep wird auch JVCs überholen, vielleicht bei 6% ADL oder so ähnlich, aber das ist viel weniger geschnitten und trocken als im Vergleich zur NX-Linie, bei der es zuvor bei 1% oder vielleicht niedriger war, da so viele Schüsse unter 6 . liegen % ADL.

Der Ilep ist über 100 % bt2020, der JVC ist 100 % P3. Großer Vorteil für den Ilep. Dies liegt an der RGB-Laserlichtquelle, aber das bedeutet, dass der Ilep ein wenig gesprenkelt hat, daher wird empfohlen, einen Dreamscreen zu verwenden, während der JVC mit einem Stewart ST100 arbeiten kann. Das ist schon ein Vorteil, denn ein ST100 ist schärfer als ein Dreamscreen. Ich werde im Moment sowieso keine Lautsprecher hinter der Leinwand haben, daher habe ich keinen Vorteil aus der Verwendung eines Dreamscreens im Vergleich zu einem ST100, außer dass der Projektor es leider erfordert. Ich vergleiche also nicht wirklich einen Ilep mit einem JVC NZ9, ich vergleiche Ilep + Dreamscreen mit NZ9 + ST100.

Es hört sich so an, als ob der Ilep eine bessere Implementierung des dynamischen Laserdimmens haben wird, also wird dies vielleicht einer der Hauptunterschiede sein. Ich vergesse den nativen Kontrast von NZ9, aber der Ilep ist über 11.000:1 nativ und fast 50.000:1 dynamisch, mit über 1.000:1 ANSI und 100 % bt2020, wie gesagt. Ich setze auf die bt2020-Farben, hohe ANSI und DLP 3D-Pop, um den Ilep zur besten Wahl für mich zu machen, obwohl 1080p tatsächlich ist. Ich sitze auch 1,5x Bildschirmbreite vom Bildschirm entfernt, wodurch sogar ein 4K DLP-Unterschied schwerer zu erkennen ist. Oder vielleicht wäre es doch einfach, wer weiß, ich habe keine Vergleichsmöglichkeit. Und wenn DLP immer noch eine bessere Bewegung hat als die NZ-Serie, dann wäre mir das sehr wichtig, aber ist das tatsächlich immer noch der Fall, oder war das etwas, was vor 10 Jahren bei DLP vs. lcos stimmte, aber nicht mehr? Oder stimmt das vor der NZ-Serie, aber nicht mit der NZ-Serie, weil sie das Schlierenproblem behoben haben? Was denkst du?

Was denkt ihr? Ilep vs NZ9? Angenommen, der Ilep hat die gleiche Helligkeit wie der NZ9, nur um der Argumentation willen. Oder besser gesagt, ich würde jeden in meinem Theater auf die gleiche Helligkeit einstellen, sagen wir. Welche würdest du wählen? Ich habe meine Entscheidung bereits schriftlich mitgeteilt, also ändere ich nichts, sondern bin einfach auf eure Meinungen gespannt.

English (to avoid translation errors, since I am using google translate from english to German): What is the native contrast for the NZ8 and NZ9 if laser dimming is not useable? I am getting a 1080p Ilep either way but the release of the JVC NZ series is interesting. Maybe some people would choose the JVC's? I dont have the opportunity to demo side by side, but my decision is made. Ilep is much more expensive anyway so it's no shame if the JVC's can't quite match them. I am just interested to hear opinions about it since resolution and black floor are two of the most important aspects of image quality, and the JVC's have the edge in both of those areas. On the other hand, it's 4K lcos vs 1080p DLP, not apples to apples comparison. All else equal, 4K is sharper and more detailed than 1080p. But all else equal, DLP is sharper and more detailed than lcos. So how do you weigh it when in one hand there is one thing, and in the other hand there is the other thing?

The Ilep's black floor will also overtake JVC's maybe at 6% ADL or something like that, but that is much less cut and dry than compared to the NX line before where it happened at 1% or maybe lower, since so many shots are below 6% ADL.

The Ilep is over 100% bt2020, the JVC is 100% P3. Big advantage for the Ilep. This is due to the RGB laser lightsource, but that means the Ilep will have a little bit of speckle, so it's recommended to use a dreamscreen, whereas the JVC can work with a Stewart ST100. That is an advantage of its own since an ST100 will be sharper than a Dreamscreen. I wont be having speakers behind the screen either way right now, so I get no advantage out of using a Dreamscreen compared to an ST100 other than the projector unfortunately demands it. So I am not actually comparing an Ilep vs a JVC NZ9, I am comparing Ilep + Dreamscreen vs NZ9 + ST100.

It sounds like the Ilep will have a better implementation of dynamic laser dimming, so perhaps that will end up being one of the key differences. I forget the NZ9 native contrast, but the Ilep is over 11,000:1 native, and close to 50,000:1 dynamic, with over 1,000:1 ANSI and 100% bt2020 as I said. I am banking on the bt2020 colors, high ANSI, and DLP 3D pop to all combine to make the Ilep the best choice for me, despite the fact is 1080p. I also sit 1.5x screen width away from the screen which may make even a 4K DLP difference harder to see. Or maybe it would still be easy, who knows, I have no way to compare. And if DLP still has better motion than the NZ series, then that would be very important to me, but is this still actually the case, or is that something that was true about DLP vs lcos 10 years ago but not anymore? Or true before the NZ series, but not true with the NZ series because they fixed the streaking problem? What do you think?

What do you guys think? Ilep vs NZ9? Assume the Ilep is the same brightness as the NZ9, just for argument's sake. Or rather, I would tune each to equal brightness in my theater, let's say. Which would you pick? I already gave my decision, butjust curious your opinions.

Madshi briefly had the NZ8 there for testing with the Envy. There is some Envy-specific what he reports, but I think the rest is still on topic here:

Deutsch: Von den wenigen neuseeländischen Projektoren, die es bisher in freier Wildbahn gab, scheint ein sehr hoher Prozentsatz entweder eine große Fehlkonvergenz, ein schlechtes Objektiv oder ein anderes bedeutendes Problem zu haben. Die Leute in der Branche wie Madshi bekommen Ersatz, aber werden wir das schaffen? Und wenn die ersten Modelle diese Probleme haben, werden sie dann auch die Nachfolger haben?

Was die NZ8 und NZ9 mit einem höheren Kontrast im gesamten ADL-Bereich und vielleicht 400:1 ANSI anstelle von 200:1 betrifft, so glaube ich, dass dies die Messungen eines Rezensenten für ein Gerät waren, ein Rezensent, der so weit ging, in seiner Rezension ausdrücklich darauf hinzuweisen dass er selbst einen kaufen wird, ohne dass er die Möglichkeit erwähnt, dass er möglicherweise einen niedrigeren Preis erzielt als die Leute, die er zum Kauf empfiehlt, was mir fragwürdig erscheint. Ich behaupte nicht, dass er tatsächliche Messungen anfertigen würde, aber er hätte definitiv eine goldene Probe bekommen können, also würde ich warten, bis weitere Messungen herauskommen, bevor ich sicher bin, dass die ANSI so verbessert ist, wie die ersten Berichte sagen. Vielleicht wird es am Ende 300:1 sein, nicht 400:1, aber wer weiß. Vielleicht wird es am Ende 500:1 statt 400:1 sein, obwohl ich das für viel weniger wahrscheinlich halte.

English: Of the few NZ projectors out in the wild so far, it seems a very high percentage have either lots of misconvergence, bad lens, or some other significant issue. The people in the industry like Madshi are getting replacements, but will we be able to? And if the initial models have these problems, will the replacements also have them?

As for the NZ8 and NZ9 having higher contrast throughout the ADL range, and maybe 400:1 ANSI instead of 200:1, I believe those were one reviewer's measurements of one unit, a reviewer who went so far as to explicitly state in his review that he will be buying one himself, without making any mention of the possibility that he may get a lower price than the people he is recommending to buy it, which seems questionable to me. I'm not suggesting at all that he would fabricate actual measurements, but he definitely could have been given a golden sample, so I would wait for more measurements to come out before being sure that the ANSI is as improved as the initial reports say. Maybe it will end up being 300:1, not 400:1, but who knows. Maybe it will end up being 500:1 instead of 400:1, although I see that as much less likely.

Bitte beachten Sie, dass ich kein Deutsch spreche, daher verwende ich Google Translate vom Englischen ins Deutsche. Aufgrund von Übersetzungsfehlern in der Vergangenheit füge ich nun auch die englische Originalversion in meine Beiträge ein.

That was exactly my background.

I would prefer the German one first. The rest was not known to me, I saw an article from you for the first time.

Deutsch: Kein Problem. Vielleicht sollte ich jeden meiner Beiträge mit einem Haftungsausschluss beginnen, da du recht hast, nicht jeder kann erwarten, dass er gesehen hat, wo ich die Situation in einem anderen Thread erläutert habe. Oder kann ich es vielleicht in meine Signatur schreiben? Ich bin für Vorschläge offen und werde auch darüber nachdenken. Vorerst setze ich wieder Deutsch an die erste Stelle.

English: No problem. Maybe I should put a disclaimer to start each of my posts since you're right, not everyone can be expected to have seen where I explained the situation in another thread. Or maybe I can put it in my signature? I'm open to suggestions and will think about it also. For now I will just put German first again.

Ich finde es gut von ProjectionArt wie er das macht. Die englische Originalversion dient meiner Meinung nach lediglich der Vermeidung von Ubersetzungsungenauigkeiten. Das ist ein deutschsprachiges Forum. Wenn ich Texte in Englisch lesen möchte, gehe ich auf entsprechende Seiten.

English: You beat me to it. Yes that is why. This is why I had been putting the German version first, then english, but after hearing more reports that the translation doesn't always work well, I started putting the english first. However people recommend to do it, I am happy to do it that way. Deutsch: Du warst schneller als ich. Ja deshalb. Aus diesem Grund habe ich zuerst die deutsche Version eingestellt, dann die englische, aber nachdem ich mehr Berichte gehört habe, dass die Übersetzung nicht immer gut funktioniert, habe ich angefangen, die englische zuerst zu setzen. Wie auch immer die Leute es empfehlen, ich mache es gerne so.